Support HHS Students' Professional Development
PILLARS is a grant program created by Linda Petrosino, Dean Emeritus of the BGSU College of Health and Human Services, designed to provide financial support to College of Health and Human Services students. The grants are funded by annual financial contributions from alumni and friends of the College of Health and Human Services. The fund was renamed the Linda Petrosino Pillars Fund in 2012 upon her retirement.
What your donation means to BGSU students
No donation is too small to make a difference. 100% of donations go directly to supporting BGSU students. With your help and generosity, our students can experience professional development opportunities that will allow them to network with professionals in their field, enhance their resumes and graduate school applications, and learn and grow as aspiring professionals. By donating to the Pillars Fund, you are investing in our future gerontologists, doctors, nurses, dieticians, social workers, speech language pathologists, and health and human services professionals who will impact the lives of thousands of people.
Students may use a Pillars Grant to fund any of the following:
Travel expenses to present research at professional conferences or other educational opportunities such as workshops, lectures, symposia, etc.;
Extraordinary expenses or fees related to research opportunities, clinical placements, field experiences and internships;
Extraordinary expenses associated with master’s thesis and dissertation research or other research projects;
Extraordinary and/or emergency funding to help students meet their educational expenses.
BGSU students impacted by the PILLARS grant
Last year we were able to provide Pillars grants to 18 BGSU students:
- Megan Andrews - Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Elizabeth Bedell - Public Health
- Maria Dahlinghaus - Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Taylor Darr - Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Emily Diekema - Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Allie Doriot FN - Food & Nutrition
- Taylor Lechner - Food & Nutrition
- Brianna Reinhard - Food & Nutrition
- Patrick Tomko - Food & Nutrition
- Chelsea Van Vickle - Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Lauren Yacapraro - Dietetics
- Amanda Spangenberg - Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Tess Lohse - Social Work
- Dale Summers - Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Christel Ciolino - Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Elizabeth Richley - Communication Sciences & Disorders
With your help, we can support even more students.