The Honors Learning Community at BGSU
The Honors Learning Community supports global awareness, community building, enhancement of critical thinking skills, and an improvement of oral and written communication skills through the various activities offered throughout the year to our BGSU students, including:
- Great Ideas events: faculty- and staff-led discussions over various topics;
- Popcorn Wednesday: weekly open discussion between students and staff around TED talks, current events, and student support;
- Multicultural Enrichment Programs: BGSU Theatre programs, foreign films, and diversity workshops;
- Civic Engagement programs: Red Cross and Wood County CASA collaborations;
- Day/overnight trips: Chicago, Stratford, Pittsburg, Toledo Art Museum, Toledo Zoo, Van Buren State Park, Cleveland Market and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Your donations makes a difference for BGSU students
As members of the HLC, we find these experiences to be very valuable to our growth and development as we strive to become well-rounded Falcons. Through our membership in the HLC, we strive toward work-life balance as students, leaders, and professional scholars.
Membership in the HLC gives us a home away from home at BGSU by being involved in a smaller community and having a strong network of support. The HLC community reinforces our persistence, our goals toward graduation and continues to foster our affirmed values.
Your donation matters because we believe that by being involved in this community, we can promote and inspire future Falcon generations. Through the Falcon Funded program and with your support, we will enhance the experience for incoming and current BGSU and Honors Learning Community students.
Thank you for support of HLC at BGSU!