The “Campaign for Twenty Won” is the annual campaign for the Falcon Club for the 2021-22 academic year. The goal of this year’s annual fund campaign is to help the athletics department navigate the financial ramifications of the COVID-19 pandemic and position all Falcon student-athletes for future success. Falcon Club memberships aim to help fund the $12 million scholarship bill for student-athletes, and this campaign has a goal of $1 million, which will help offset a potential BGSU Athletics shortfall that could approach or exceed $3 million in the current fiscal year.
“The ‘Campaign for Twenty Won’ is the top priority for the BGSU Athletics. Since COVID-19 became a reality in 2020, I continue to be amazed and humbled by the support of everyone who calls themselves a Falcon. We need the support renewed now more than ever."
– Bob Moosbrugger, BGSU Director of Athletics, Recreation & Wellness
The Falcon Club Scholarship and Success Fund was created to provide the best possible athletic and academic opportunities for our 400 student-athletes. When you invest in the Falcon Club Scholarship and Success Fund, you are helping us to create the future and continue the tradition of excellence for Falcon Athletics. Your gifts are imperative in allowing us to provide the resources necessary for our student-athletes to truly have a world-class experience.
Investments in the Falcon Club Scholarship and Success Fund have one over-arching purpose: to provide our student-athletes with the maximum amount of scholarship support allowed by the NCAA in every sport we sponsor. These scholarships allow BGSU to recruit, retain and graduate outstanding student-athletes to compete in the MAC and WCHA.
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented numerous obstacles in the typical structure of our Athletic Department. However, as inspired by our student-athletes, we are focusing forward and intend on battling present adversity to position BGSU Athletics for stability and success for the future. We are all in this together!
With a culture committed to cultivating champions in academics, sports and life, BGSU Athletics honors the past while creating the future. We are proud of the following accomplishments, all of which were made possible with the support of Falcon Club members:
- BGSU student-athletes produced a 3.42 cumulative GPA and graduate at a rate over seven points higher than our peers.
- Freshman Kailee Perry was the MAC Women’s Cross Country Champion and was the 11th Falcon runner to qualify for the NCAA National Championship.
- Junior Daisy Platts qualified for the NCAA Championships in both the 100m and 200m Backstroke.
- Women’s Basketball was the MAC regular season Champions with first-year Lexi Fleming named MAC Freshman of the Year.
- Senior Justin Turner became the Career Points Leader in BG Men’s Basketball History, finishing his career with 2,077 points.
- Falcon Hockey was nationally ranked as high as #5 in the nation and had their 7th consecutive 20-win season in shortened season
- Volleyball set a BGSU record for best start of any program in school history, en route to claiming the MAC regular season and tournament championships.
- Freshman Payton Gotshall pitched only the 2nd Perfect Game in BGSU history while being named NCAA National Pitcher of the Week.
- Women's Soccer won their third straight MAC Championship and took an SEC opponent to seven rounds of penalty kicks in their NCAA appearance.
- Men's Soccer won their first MAC Championship since 1997, advancing to the NCAA tournament for the seventh time in program history.
Check the Falcon Club website for more information regarding giving levels and benefits. By making a gift, you are accepting all benefits associated with your giving level.
If you would like to learn more about the Falcon Club Scholarship and Success Fund or if you would like to make a pledge please call 419-372-7062 or email Ryan Hite at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support. Ay Ziggy Zoomba!